Maine Beauty Schools by Program
What better state to complete a beauty program than the one that is home to Elizabeth Arden’s first spa? The beauty mogul, known for introducing eye makeup to women and first to perform makeovers in department stores, converted her summer home in Maine into a spa to be able to give beauty regime treatments to friends and family, before turning it into an international endeavor. Attending cosmetology school in Maine will give you a unique opportunity to follow after one of the most well known beauty industry experts in history!
Ready to find your cosmetology school?
In order o follow your dream of working in the beauty industry, you must first meet the educational requirements set by Maine’s Professional and Financial Regulation board, which grants licenses for the majority of cosmetology professionals. While comparing schools, you should make sure that its cosmetology program meets the following required classroom hours. Maine is unique that it also requires that your cosmetology training be completed within a certain time frame in order for you to be eligible for licensure.
- Cosmetologist: 1,500 training hours in no less than 9 months
- Barber: 1,500 training hours in no less than 9 months
- Esthetician: 600 training hours in no less than 3 months
- Nail Technician: 200 training hours in no less than 5 weeks
- Massage Therapist: 500 training hours
In addition to these classroom hours, you must pass the approved state and national exams before applying for your cosmetology license.
Find Cosmetology Schools in Maine by Program
- Barbering Programs in Maine
- Cosmetology Programs in Maine
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Maine
- Esthetics Programs in Maine
- Electrolysis Programs in Maine
- Fashion Design Programs in Maine
- Hair Braiding Programs in Maine
- Hair Styling Programs in Maine
- Makeup Artist Programs in Maine
- Massage Therapy Programs in Maine
- Nail Technician Programs in Maine
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Maine
- Salon Management Programs in Maine