Louisiana Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
Enrolling in a beauty program in Louisiana is your first step into emerging yourself in the cosmetology industry, and with more than 60 schools for you to select from, there are plenty of unique opportunities for you to purse. 15 of these cosmetology schools offer night classes to help cater to your other work and family responsibilities. Want to get a head start? There are also 9 cosmetology programs that are offered at area high schools, and count towards the state’s cosmetology education requirements!
Ready to take the world of beauty by storm?
The Louisiana Board of Cosmetology is the licensing board for a number of cosmetology professionals, including cosmetologists, manicurists, estheticians, hair design experts and cosmetology instructors. Your schools cosmetology program should meet the following required hours in order for you to be eligible to apply for licensure.
- Cosmetologist: 1,500 training hours
- Hair Designer: 500 training hours
- Esthetician: 750 training hours
- Manicurist: 500 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: 500 additional training hours
These licenses you will need to renew each year before your birthday.
The Board of Barber Examiners and the Louisiana Board of Massage Therapy are responsible for granting you licensure if you wish to pursue a career as a barber or massage therapist, upon completing the following required hours of study.
- Barber: 1,500 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 500 training hours
Find Schools in Louisiana by Program
- Barbering Programs in Louisiana
- Cosmetology Programs in Louisiana
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Louisiana
- Esthetics Programs in Louisiana
- Electrolysis Programs in Louisiana
- Fashion Design Programs in Louisiana
- Hair Braiding Programs in Louisiana
- Hair Styling Programs in Louisiana
- Makeup Artist Programs in Louisiana
- Massage Therapy Programs in Louisiana
- Nail Technician Programs in Louisiana
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Louisiana
- Salon Management Programs in Louisiana