North Dakota Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
Enrolling in a cosmetology program is the first step for you to join the growing beauty industry in North Dakota. With over 1,200 currently licensed cosmetology professionals in the state, there is plenty of opportunity for you to begin your career after completion of your beauty program. BeautySchools.com wants to help you get in contact with top schools and programs in your area to help you get started right away.
All Beauty Programs in North Dakota
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Start your beauty program search!
Before being eligible for licensure, the North Dakota State Board of Cosmetology requires that you complete the minimum hours of training from a state approved school and pass a written and practical board exam. You should be certain that the school you enroll in meets the following required classroom hours per specialty:
- Cosmetologist: 1,800 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: current cosmetology license + 1 year work experience +160 additional training hours
- Barber: 1,500 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 750 training hours
- Electrologist: 600 training hours
- Esthetician: 600 training hours
- Nail Technician: 350 training hours
In North Dakota, you must renew your license every year. Cosmetology instructors must complete at least eight hours of continuing education that is approved by the board. Continuing education is not required for other professionals, but is always recommended to stay current on beauty trends.
Find Schools in North Dakota by Program
- Barbering Programs in North Dakota
- Cosmetology Programs in North Dakota
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in North Dakota
- Esthetics Programs in North Dakota
- Electrolysis Programs in North Dakota
- Fashion Design Programs in North Dakota
- Hair Braiding Programs in North Dakota
- Hair Styling Programs in North Dakota
- Makeup Artist Programs in North Dakota
- Massage Therapy Programs in North Dakota
- Nail Technician Programs in North Dakota
- Permanent Makeup Programs in North Dakota
- Salon Management Programs in North Dakota