Nevada Beauty Schools by Program
The cosmetology industry in Nevada is reaching new heights, thanks in part to Battle of the Strands, the first ever extreme beauty competition covering hair, makeup, nails and fashion. Beauty school students from across the nation are also now part of this annual event, giving them a chance to showcase their passion. Enrolling in a Nevada cosmetology school is just what you need to be a part of this opportunity!
All Beauty Programs in Nevada
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Ready to find your perfect beauty program?
In order to become a licensed cosmetology professional in Nevada, you must complete training from a postsecondary school approved by the Nevada State Board of Cosmetology and pass the necessary licensing examination. The licensing requirements include:
- Cosmetologist: 1,800 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: current cosmetology license + 500 additional training hours for student instructor or 1,000 hours for regular licensed cosmetologist
- Barber: 1,500 training hours
- Hairstylist: 1,200 training hours
- Nail Technician: 600 training hours
- Esthetician: 900 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 500 training hours
- Permanent Makeup Artist: six-month apprenticeship
- Electrologist: 500 training hours
You must renew your cosmetology license every two years in Nevada on your birthday. All renewal applicants must pass an online infection control test. The state requires a minimum of 30 hours of continuing education in cosmetology over the course of the two years for cosmetology instructors only. Instructors must submit proof of board-approved education.
Find Cosmetology Schools in Nevada by Program
- Barbering Programs in Nevada
- Cosmetology Programs in Nevada
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Nevada
- Esthetics Programs in Nevada
- Electrolysis Programs in Nevada
- Fashion Design Programs in Nevada
- Hair Braiding Programs in Nevada
- Hair Styling Programs in Nevada
- Makeup Artist Programs in Nevada
- Massage Therapy Programs in Nevada
- Nail Technician Programs in Nevada
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Nevada
- Salon Management Programs in Nevada