Are you considering attending a Kentucky cosmetology school to follow your dreams of working in the beauty industry? With over 70 schools and programs for you to choose from, you are sure to find one that best matches your education and career goals. Let BeautySchools.com help you compare different beauty programs in your area so that you feel confident in your cosmetology school decision!
Ready to explore different beauty program options?
Being familiar with Kentucky’s licensing requirements for potential cosmetologist professionals is a must when searching for cosmetology programs and schools. This will guarantee that you find a program that meets the state’s standards and that will set you up for success upon receiving your cosmetology license. The Kentucky Board of Hairdressers and Cosmetologists is responsible for granting your license once you have met the following classroom hours, from an accredited school. In addition, you will be required to pass a written and practical exam administered by the board.
- Cosmetologist: 1,800 training hours
- Nail Technician: 600 training hours
- Esthetician: 1000 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor License: 1,000 training hours and a minimum of a years worth of work experience as a licensed cosmetologist
- Dual Cosmetologist/Esthetician Instructor: To teach esthetics in Cosmetology schools, instructors must hold a Dual Cosmetology/Esthetics Instructor license. This requires a current Cosmetologist license and an Instructor license. The applicant must complete 8 continuing education hours in esthetics or fifty hours training in esthetics within the two years preceding the Dual Instructor application.
Kentucky will also allow you to receive your cosmetology license with an apprentice. If you choose this option, you must complete six months training working with a licensed cosmetologist for at least 20 hours per week.
- Barber: 1,500 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 600 training hours
If you enroll in a massage therapy school in Kentucky, you must complete the full program requirements before applying for your license, even if you have completed the necessary 600 hours of training required by the state.
Find Schools in Kentucky by Program
- Barbering Programs in Kentucky
- Cosmetology Programs in Kentucky
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Kentucky
- Esthetics Programs in Kentucky
- Electrolysis Programs in Kentucky
- Fashion Design Programs in Kentucky
- Hair Braiding Programs in Kentucky
- Hair Styling Programs in Kentucky
- Makeup Artist Programs in Kentucky
- Massage Therapy Programs in Kentucky
- Nail Technician Programs in Kentucky
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Kentucky
- Salon Management Programs in Kentucky