Wisconsin Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
Wisconsin’s cosmetology industry has followed the national trend and has expanded rapidly in the past several years, and that growth is not expected to slow down. Now is the time to follow your dreams of working in beauty by enrolling in a top cosmetology program. BeautySchools.com has compiled the Web’s most extensive list of schools for you to consider to help make your decision as easy as possible.
All Beauty Programs in Wisconsin
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Take the first step and search top Wisconsin beauty schools!
The Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services administers nine licensing examinations for cosmetology professionals who have completed training from approved institutions or apprenticeship programs. You should be certain that your cosmetology school meets the following required classroom hours so that you can ensure eligibility for licensure:
- Esthetician: 450 training hours
- Esthetics Instructor: 150 aesthetics instructor program + at least 2,000 hours of practice as a licensed aesthetician
- Barber: 1,000 training hours or 4,000 hours in an apprenticeship program.
- Barbering Instructor: current barber license + 150 hours of barber instructor program + a minimum of 2,000 hours of practice as a barber
- Cosmetologist: 1,800 school training hours or 4,000 hours in an apprenticeship program.
- Cosmetology Instructor: current cosmetology license + 150 hours of cosmetology instructor program + at least 2,000 hours of practice as a cosmetologist
- Electrologist: 450 training hours
- Manicurist: 300 training hours
- Manicuring Instructor: current manicurist license + 150 hours of manicurist instructor training + a minimum of 2,000 hours of practice as a manicurist
- Massage Therapist: 600 training hours
Find Schools in Wisconsin by Program
- Barbering Programs in Wisconsin
- Cosmetology Programs in Wisconsin
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Wisconsin
- Esthetics Programs in Wisconsin
- Electrolysis Programs in Wisconsin
- Fashion Design Programs in Wisconsin
- Hair Braiding Programs in Wisconsin
- Hair Styling Programs in Wisconsin
- Makeup Artist Programs in Wisconsin
- Massage Therapy Programs in Wisconsin
- Nail Technician Programs in Wisconsin
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Wisconsin
- Salon Management Programs in Wisconsin