Cosmetology Schools in Lubbock
Start Your Beauty Career in Lubbock, TX
Interested in beginning a new career in the beauty industry? If so, now is the time to begin researching potential schools, as well as beauty courses within those schools. Two beauty schools that are located right in Lubbock include the Vista College and Virginia College-Lubbock. The classes that you choose will depend on how much time you’d like to dedicate, as well as what your particular likes and interests are. Continue reading to learn more about starting a beauty career in Texas. Then use our directory of schools to request information about beauty programs in the Lubbock area!
All Beauty Programs in Lubbock, Texas
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
The Texas Board of Cosmetology sets the hour requirements for each area of expertise. They are as follows:
• Cosmetologist – 1,500 hours
• Esthetician – 300 hours
• Nail Tech – 600 hours
• Hair Weaving – 300 hours
You can find each of these courses at the aforementioned beauty training schools. Use our online database to help you decide which direction best suits your needs.
Which Beauty Programs Are Right for You?
Now, it’s time to begin researching the different beauty fields that are available. You should ask yourself questions like: what do I see myself doing in the beauty field, what type of clients do I want to work with, among other things.
For instnace, if you are planning to be a barber, you should be prepared to work with a lot of men. On the other hand, if you are looking into being a hair weaver, then your client base will primarily be women. You should also keep in mind whether you want to work for someone else or be your own boss and open your own business.
Here’s a look into the other professions that you can possibly sink your teeth into:
• Skincare Technician: If you enjoy helping people look and feel beautiful, then being an esthetician could be up your alley. In this field, you will use various products and remedies to help your clients achieve skin that is youthful, radiant and healthy.
• Nail Tech: In this field, you shouldn’t mind touching people’s feet, as you will be doing plenty of that while performing pedicures. You’ll also be doing manicures, airbrush designs, painting nails, as well as applying artificial nails.
• Cosmetologist: Some people like to offer people a full package deal. As a cosmetologist, you can be a one-stop shop for your clientele, since you can provide them with hairstyles, makeup, nail care, and anything else to make them look gorgeous.
Keep in mind that you aren’t limited to only one area of expertise. You can mix and match different courses to develop a vast array of skills, which will only improve your portfolio.
What’s the Outlook for Beauty Careers in Lubbock?
If you’re curious about the future of your beauty career in Lubbock, make note that it all comes down to economy, location, and your own effort. Marketing yourself every chance you get is important for building a solid client base. Even when you’re working for a salon, like Hair Expo, being able to network and bring in new clients is essential to your career growth. If you plan to be a cosmetologist or hairstylist, you could possibly earn between $16,300 and $29,600 in the Lubbock area. The amount of new jobs in these fields is expected to increase by 21 percent between 2010 and 2020, which is approximately 1,800 new openings. This information is courtesy of O*Net.
If you chose to go into a different beauty profession, like skincare, you’ll find estheticians in Texas earning between $17,800 and $64,300. For a nail technician in Texas, salaries are typically between $16,100 and $40,700.
Talk to the schools in your area about your potential for success in the beauty industry. Request information about several programs to be sure you choose the right one!
Find Cosmetology Schools in Texas by Program
- All Barbering Schools in Texas
- All Cosmetology Schools in Texas
- All Cosmetology Instructor Training Schools in Texas
- All Electrolysis Training Schools in Texas
- All Esthetics Schools in Texas
- All Fashion Design Schools in Texas
- All Hair Schools in Texas
- All Make-up Artist Schools in Texas
- All Massage Therapy Schools in Texas
- All Nail Technician Schools in Texas
- All Permanent Makeup Training Schools in Texas
- All Salon and Spa Management Schools in Texas