Vermont Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
As one of the top paying states for cosmetologists, it is no surprise that Vermont has quickly become a popular state to consider receiving your beauty school training from. BeautySchools.com wants to help you find the cosmetology program that is best suited for your educational needs so that you can begin in the beauty industry as soon as possible!
All Beauty Programs in Vermont
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Ready to search top VT beauty programs?
Enrolling in a beauty school is the first step you need to take in order to become licensed in the state of Vermont. You must complete a minimum amount of classroom or apprenticeship training at a cosmetology or beauty school approved by the Vermont State Board of Cosmetology, to be eligible for licensure. There are eight cosmetology licensing options available. Each type of license requires the completion of varying minimum training hours and include:
- Cosmetologist: 1,500 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: current cosmetologist license + at least three years work experience in the cosmetology field
- Barber: 1,000 training hours
- Nail Technician: 600 training hours
- Electrologist: 600 training hours
- Esthetician: 600 training hours
- Master Esthetician: 1,200 training hours
Vermont requires renewal of licenses every two years. Cosmetology instructors must complete a minimum of 24 continuing education hours in cosmetology to renew their licenses.
If you wish to focus on massage therapy as your cosmetology specialty, Vermont is a unique state to consider. Unlike the majority of states, massage therapy education requirements are not statewide and differ between cities.
Find Schools in Vermont by Program
- Barbering Programs in Vermont
- Cosmetology Programs in Vermont
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Vermont
- Esthetics Programs in Vermont
- Electrolysis Programs in Vermont
- Fashion Design Programs in Vermont
- Hair Braiding Programs in Vermont
- Hair Styling Programs in Vermont
- Makeup Artist Programs in Vermont
- Massage Therapy Programs in Vermont
- Nail Technician Programs in Vermont
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Vermont
- Salon Management Programs in Vermont