New York Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
With some of the top cosmetology salons and beauty products located in New York, including John Frieda Hair Salon and Clinique, there is a diverse set of style and fashion available for you to take advantage of. Some of the most well known national cosmetology schools are based in New York, such as Marinello, making it a great state for completing your cosmetology education training.
Ready to attend cosmetology school in New York?
To become a licensed cosmetology professional in the state of New York, you must be at least 17 years of age, complete the necessary training hours required by the New York Division of Licensing Services, and pass a written and practical licensing examination. The training must be completed from an approved institution of higher learning and it is your responsibility to guarantee your program meets the following educational requirements.
- Cosmetologist: 1,000 hours of training
- Massage Therapist: 1,000 hours of training
- Esthetician: 600 hours of training
- Natural Hairstylist: 300 hours of training
- Nail Technician: 250 hours of training
- Waxing: 75 hours of training
- Barber: two-year apprenticeship
In New York, cosmetology licenses must be renewed every four years. The state does not currently require continuing education hours, however it is recommended to stay up to date with changes in the industry.
Find Beauty Programs in New York
- Barbering Programs in New York
- Cosmetology Programs in New York
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in New York
- Esthetics Programs in New York
- Electrolysis Programs in New York
- Fashion Design Programs in New York
- Hair Braiding Programs in New York
- Hair Styling Programs in New York
- Makeup Artist Programs in New York
- Massage Therapy Programs in New York
- Nail Technician Programs in New York
- Permanent Makeup Programs in New York
- Salon Management Programs in New York