Cosmetology Schools in Bronx
Get Trained in the Field of Beauty!
What does it take to become a beautician in the Bronx? There’s no secret formula to becoming a beauty professional, but the proper steps to take would be to choose a course that’s available at a nearby beauty school. From there, you can apply for enrollment and work your way towards getting a license as a hair stylist, nail tech, skincare specialist, makeup artist or barber. Don’t wait to learn more about your opportunities to advance in the beauty industry. Contact the schools in your area today to learn more!
All Beauty Programs in Bronx, New York
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
There are a couple of great beauty schools in the Bronx and surrounding areas, like New York, NY and Queens. Some of the schools that you can find in proximity include the American Beauty School, Empire Beauty Schools-Queens and the Hair Design Institute. If you’re wondering how long the average beauty program takes to complete, here is a list of the required hours, according to the New York Board of Cosmetology:
• Cosmetology – 1,000 hours
• Esthetician – 600 hours
• Natural hairstylist – 300 hours
• Nail Tech – 250 hours
• Waxing – 75 hours
If any of these career opportunities jump out to you, make the first step and contact a local beauty school. You can start by browsing through our database to locate a institution near you that offers the beauty courses you want to take. This is completely free, of course!
Find out Which Beauty Courses Should You Take
If you’re having a hard time determining which beauty courses you want to enroll into, maybe learning more about the various positions could help you decide. Below, you’ll find a list of different beauty professions that are available in most beauty schools:
• Natural Hairstylist: If you want to offer people a way to style and treat their hair without using harsh chemicals, then this is the field for you. In this course, you will learn about various hair textures and how to care for them in a natural and healthy manner.
• Cosmetologist: In this course, you will learn how to do hair, skin and nails. In the salon, you may perform tasks that involve hairstyling, manicuring, pedicuring and applying makeup. You are in, essence, a jack of all trades here.
• Esthetician: Also known as a skincare technician, estheticians work in spas, providing their clients with facials and other skincare treatments that help to improve the look and feel of their skin. You get to be the hero that extracts the blackheads from a beautiful bride before her wedding, so congratulations!
• Nail Tech: If you’re interested in making people’s hands and feet soft and beautiful, then being a nail tech could be for you. In this position, you will clean, moisturize and massage hands and feet, as well as trim and cut nails. Painting and airbrushing designs onto nails and toenails is also possible in this area of expertise.
There are various other beauty fields you can look into, so take your time while doing your research so you can make an educated decision on your future.
Working as a Licensed Bronx Beautician
Life after school is a lot different, especially for beauty professionals. There’s a lot of self-promotion involved in order to land long-term clients. Whether you decide to work in a beauty salon or for yourself, being able to grow your client base is essential. One great way to make yourself known is to go to local beauty events, like the International Beauty Show New York, which takes place annually at the Javits Convention Center in New York City.
Earning money in the beauty profession relies on your ability to network and build business relationships. By doing so, you could end up joining the other paid hairstylists and cosmetologists in the Bronx who are earning between $16,900 and $48,600. Alternatively, if you chose to become a nail tech, you may be able to make a median salary of between $15,800 and $22,900, according to O*Net.
Let’s beautify your career! Learn how you can advance as a professional in the beauty industry today!
Find Cosmetology Schools in New York by Program
- All Barbering Schools in New York
- All Cosmetology Schools in New York
- All Cosmetology Instructor Training Schools in New York
- All Electrolysis Training Schools in New York
- All Esthetics Schools in New York
- All Fashion Design Schools in New York
- All Hair Schools in New York
- All Make-up Artist Schools in New York
- All Massage Therapy Schools in New York
- All Nail Technician Schools in New York
- All Permanent Makeup Training Schools in New York
- All Salon and Spa Management Schools in New York