The beauty industry is all about who you know and what you know. Starting your education in a city with a thriving beauty community can make a huge difference when it comes time to start your career. The city of Newark, with over 280,000 people, is the largest city in New Jersey. Because of this, you may find that studying here gives you a great chance to explore New England trends and learn from the best!
Another benefit of starting your beauty career in Newark is the huge metropolitan area surrounding it. This city is very close to New York City and other urban areas, which means that you may be able to work with tourists and visitors in addition to regular Newark clients.
If you’re curious about the career options you can explore with a beauty degree, contact beauty schools in Newark for more information now!
Life and Career Options in Newark Area
No matter which beauty career you are interested in, it’s likely that Newark has a place for your specialty. The population of the city is growing every year and becoming more diverse all the time.
Salaries for beauty professionals in Newark tend to be higher than they are in other parts of the country, and that’s before you consider the gratuities and tips that many beauty professionals earn. Hairdressers in this city earn an average of $16.08 per hour and skin care specialists earn an average salary of $35,400 per year (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014).
Working in the heart of a metropolitan area means you have easy access to lots of shows and training events. One of the most widely attended events in this area is the International Hair and Beauty Show, which takes place every spring.
Newark’s beauty industry has led plenty of large employers and companies to set up shop here. Some of the biggest local beauty employers include L’Oreal, LUSH, Nadia’s Salon and Spa, and Looks Salon.
Request information from the Newark area beauty schools below to learn more!
Find Cosmetology Schools in New Jersey by Program
- List of Barbering Programs in New Jersey
- List of Cosmetology Programs in New Jersey
- List of Cosmetology Instructor Training Programs in New Jersey
- List of Electrolysis Programs in New Jersey
- List of Esthetics Programs in New Jersey
- List of Fashion Programs in New Jersey
- List of Hair Styling Programs in New Jersey
- List of Make up Artist Programs in New Jersey
- List of Massage Therapy Programs in New Jersey
- List of Nail Technician Programs in New Jersey
- List of Permanent Makeup Training Programs in New Jersey