Nebraska Beauty Schools by Program
Completing cosmetology school in Nebraska can lead you to a fast-paced and fulfilling career in the beauty industry. BeautySchools.com wants to make it easy for you to get in touch with different programs and schools across the state so that you can enroll as soon as possible. Search our database and find the beauty school right for you today!
All Beauty Programs in Nebraska
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Ready to search Nebraska cosmetology schools?
In the state of Nebraska, you can apply for five different cosmetology licenses, granted by the Nebraska State Board of Cosmetology. Before applying to be a practicing cosmetologist though, you must complete the required training hours at an accredited institution of higher learning. Be sure, when looking at schools, that your program meets these training hours.
- Cosmetologist: 2,100 training hours
- Esthetician: 600 training hours
- Electrologist: 600 training hours
- Nail Technician: 300 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: 925 training hours + current cosmetology license
If you are interested in working as a massage therapist, your licensing board with be the Office of Behavioral Health & Consumer Services.
- Massage Therapist: 1,000 training hours
In addition to completing the required training hours, you will also need to successfully complete a basic first aid class and pass the state exams.
Renew Your Nebraska Cosmetology License
The state of Nebraska requires a minimum of eight hours of continuing education per year to renew licensure. Four hours out of the eight must be approved by the board and cannot be a home study course. To renew licensure in the state of Nebraska, you must submit a renewal form, required fee, and documentation of continuing education.
Find Cosmetology Schools in Nebraska by Program
- Barbering Programs in Nebraska
- Cosmetology Programs in Nebraska
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Nebraska
- Esthetics Programs in Nebraska
- Electrolysis Programs in Nebraska
- Fashion Design Programs in Nebraska
- Hair Braiding Programs in Nebraska
- Hair Styling Programs in Nebraska
- Makeup Artist Programs in Nebraska
- Massage Therapy Programs in Nebraska
- Nail Technician Programs in Nebraska
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Nebraska
- Salon Management Programs in Nebraska