The best time to go to school is…well, now! If you’re thinking about becoming a licensed beauty professional, then you should begin looking for beauty schools in the Sarasota area, because procrastination is only wasting precious time. You’ll find a number of them in not only Sarasota, but the surrounding areas as well. We make it simple for you to contact schools in your area to request more information about their programs. Don’t wait to take the next step. Read more and get started today!
You may be interested in the Meridian College, Florida College of Natural Health and the American Institute of Beauty, Inc. The beauty school you choose will be determined by the particular goals you have in the beauty industry. It all comes down to what service(s) you want to offer during your career. For example, you could take courses in these fields: cosmetology, barber, nail tech, esthetician, among others. You are also able to ‘mix and match’ if you so prefer, to offer an array of skills to your new client base.
The Florida Board of Cosmetology dictates how many hours of coursework you must complete to be eligible for a license. Here’s just a few:
• Cosmetology – 1,200 hours
• Nail Technician – 240 hours
• Esthetician – 260 hours
If you want to take quick beauty classes, you may be interested in pursuing a license in hair braiding (16 hours), hair wrapping (6 hours) or body wrapping (12 hours). To find out more about available beauty courses and their requirements, use our database to find and contact schools in your area.
What Beauty Program Should You Choose?
If, after perusing our database, you’re still not sure what beauty course(s) you want to take, but just know you want to do something related in the field, you may find the information below to be helpful:
• Cosmetology: This course will teach you how to care for patients’ hair, skin and nails. If you are interested in providing more than one service to your client base, this course can be considered.
• Hair Braiding: In this course, you will learn how to braid natural hair and with weave. If you want to learn how to braid or extend your knowledge to include various designs and hairstyles, then this course may be for you.
• Body Wrapping: Helping people improve their look by tightening their skin is the name of this particular game. In addition, body wrapping claims to be able to detoxify the skin. You will learn how to use these herbal treatments to help your patients with their specific goals.
• Esthetician: Providing adequate skincare solutions to your clients can help them improve their skin. In this course, you will learn about different skin types and conditions and how to treat them using industry products. You may also be referring your clients to dermatologists for more serious conditions.
What’s Next After You Graduate?
Graduating is a huge achievement, but that alone isn’t going to land you a career in the beauty industry. No one is going to hand you job based solely on your education merits, unless you have some good business connections. In order to get great connections, networking is key. This is where your people skills will come in handy.
Printing out professional-looking business cards, fliers and even building a Web site can help give you a more professional and polished look. Make sure that all of your business items have your name, license number, services and phone number. If you have your own salon, ensure that the address is on there as well.
Networking at beauty shows and expos can be a way to meet industry folks and potential clients. One you may want to check out is Mane Stream Expo’s Hair and Beauty Conference.
According to O*Net, hairdressers and cosmetologists in Sarasota, FL typically make between $18.900 and $45,500 annually. Both of these figures are higher than the national average, which is between $17,000 and $44,200. The outlook for the cosmetology field in Florida is average, with an expected 1,260 new job openings between 2010 and 2020 (a 12 percent increase.)
Find out which beauty schools in your area have relationships with local employers. Request more information about top programs today!
Find Cosmetology Schools in Florida by Program
- All Barbering Schools in Florida
- All Cosmetology Schools in Florida
- All Cosmetology Instructor Training Schools in Florida
- All Electrolysis Training Schools in Florida
- All Esthetics Schools in Florida
- All Fashion Design Schools in Florida
- All Hair Schools in Florida
- All Make-up Artist Schools in Florida
- All Massage Therapy Schools in Florida
- All Nail Technician Schools in Florida
- All Permanent Makeup Training Schools in Florida
- All Salon and Spa Management Schools in Florida
Sarasota Beauty and Cosmetology Schools
Fashion Focus Hair Academy2184 Gulf Gate Dr Sarasota, FL 34231-4813
Programs Offered: Cosmetology, Facialist and Skin Care, Nail Technician
Student to Teacher Ratio: 9 to 1
Weekend Classes: No
Retention Rate: 91%
Meridian College7020 Professional Pkwy E Sarasota, FL 34240
Programs Offered: Cosmetology
Student to Teacher Ratio: 10 to 1
Weekend Classes: Yes
Retention Rate: 83%
Sarasota County Technical Institute4748 Beneva Rd Sarasota, FL 34233-1798
Programs Offered: Cosmetology, Nail Technician
Student to Teacher Ratio: 3 to 1
Weekend Classes: No
Retention Rate: 60%