Connecticut Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
Attending a cosmetology school or competing a beauty program in Connecticut is your first step to a fast-paced career in the beauty industry. With nearly 100 private cosmetology schools in CT, plus 15 vocational technical schools that offer beauty programs, there is no shortage of schools for you to consider. In addition, with numerous beauty events, such as the Empowering Through Beauty Expo, held in Connecticut in 2014, you will have unique continued education opportunities and networking possibilities to advance your career.
BeautySchools.com can help you connect with schools across the state to find the best choice for your goals in the beauty industry. Every school is unique, so you will want to compare several before making your final decision. You can get started by entering your zip code above, or use the button below to view a complete list of schools in Connecticut that we have relationships with.
The Connecticut Department of Public Health is the regulating board for a number of cosmetology professions, including, cosmetologists, barbers, and massage therapists. Before applying for your cosmetology license, you must be at least 16 years old and have completed the following required training hours from a board approved school.
- Cosmetologist: 1500 hours of training
- Barber: 1500 hours of training
- Massage Therapist: 500 hours of training
If you wish to pursue a career as an electrologist, you will need to complete 600 hours of advanced education from a school that has been approved by the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Electrologists and have successfully passed the IBEC/AEA licensure certificate.
Connecticut is on of few states that currently does not have education requirements or licensing regulations for manicurists, estheticians or makeup artists, although it is still urged.
Find Cosmetology Schools in Connecticut by Program
- Barbering Programs in Connecticut
- Cosmetology Programs in Connecticut
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Connecticut
- Esthetics Programs in Connecticut
- Electrolysis Programs in Connecticut
- Fashion Design Programs in Connecticut
- Hair Braiding Programs in Connecticut
- Hair Styling Programs in Connecticut
- Makeup Artist Programs in Connecticut
- Massage Therapy Programs in Connecticut
- Nail Technician Programs in Connecticut
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Connecticut
- Salon Management Programs in Connecticut
Beauty Schools by City in Connecticut
Your cosmetology license is valid for two years and expires by the last day of your birth month. Reciprocity is usually granted for out-of-state applicants if their home state required the same number of training hours or more than is required in Connecticut. However, the state cosmetology licensing board reserves the right to evaluate each applicant on a case-by-case basis.
Find out how simple it is to view results in your area…