Colorado Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
The cosmetology industry in Colorado has gained national exposure over the last several years, but even more so recently. In 2014, Phenix Salons Suites, a salon chain with more than 50 locations across the United States but its roots in Colorado Springs, was named to Entrepreneurs list of the Top 500 Franchises in America. Changed from a family business to a national name, it employs some of the top cosmetology professionals around.
All Beauty Programs in Colorado
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Join the beauty industry when you attend a Colorado beauty school!
There is no shortage of choices for you to choose from when considering which cosmetology school and program is right for you. With nearly 80 different programs in the state, in both public and private settings, you have ample opportunities in selecting a beauty school that fits your educational and career goals. The Colorado Division of Professions and Occupations, the state’s regulating board, requires that you be at least 16 years old before applying for a cosmetology, cosmetician, barber or manicurist license. In order to be considered, you must also have completed the following educational requirements from a board approved cosmetology school.
- Cosmetologist: 1,800 hours of cosmetology training
- Manicurist: 600 hours of nail training
- Esthetician: 600 hours of esthetics training
- Barber: 1,250 hours of barber training
Your cosmetologist license expires on April 30 of odd or even years, depending on the date it was issued. If you have a barber, esthetician, hairstylist or manicurist license in Colorado, it expires on March 31 of even years. There is no license reciprocity in Colorado, which means that out-of-town applicants must apply for a separate endorsement. Each case is reviewed on an individual basis.
List of Schools in Colorado by Program
- Barbering Programs in Colorado
- Cosmetology Programs in Colorado
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Colorado
- Esthetics Programs in Colorado
- Electrolysis Programs in Colorado
- Fashion Design Programs in Colorado
- Hair Braiding Programs in Colorado
- Hair Styling Programs in Colorado
- Makeup Artist Programs in Colorado
- Massage Therapy Programs in Colorado
- Nail Technician Programs in Colorado
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Colorado
- Salon Management Programs in Colorado