North Carolina Cosmetology and Beauty Schools
Enrolling in a North Carolina cosmetology school is just what you need to become a part of the quickly growing beauty industry. Whether you are looking to attend a private, public or even take high school cosmetology classes, North Carolina has beauty programs to meet your needs. With over 125 schools in the state that offer a variety of cosmetology specialty programs, you are sure to find one best suited for you!
Begin looking for your North Carolina beauty school!
The state of North Carolina Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners offers six cosmetology license options for those seeking to become licensed professionals in the field. The requirements for licensure include completing the minimum training hours and passing a written and practical examination. You will need to complete the following required classroom hours in order to be eligible to sit for your cosmetology exam:
- Cosmetologist: 1,500 training hours
- Cosmetology Instructor: current cosmetologist license and 800 training hours
- Nail Technician: 300 training hours
- Nail Instructor: current nail technician license and 320 training hours
- Esthetician: 600 training hours
- Esthetics Instructor: current esthetics license and 650 training hours
If you are interested in becoming a barber or a massage therapist, your licensing boards will the North Carolina Board of Barber Examiners and the North Carolina Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy. You will need to complete following classroom training before applying your your license.
- Barber: 1,528 training hours
- Massage Therapist: 500 training hours
Cosmetologists must renew their licenses every three years, and a minimum of 24 continuing education hours is required for renewal. Cosmetology instructors, nail technicians, and estheticians must renew their licenses every year and complete at least eight hours of continuing education.
Find Cosmetology Schools in North Carolina by Program
- Barbering Programs in North Carolina
- Cosmetology Programs in North Carolina
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in North Carolina
- Esthetics Programs in North Carolina
- Electrolysis Programs in North Carolina
- Fashion Design Programs in North Carolina
- Hair Braiding Programs in North Carolina
- Hair Styling Programs in North Carolina
- Makeup Artist Programs in North Carolina
- Massage Therapy Programs in North Carolina
- Nail Technician Programs in North Carolina
- Permanent Makeup Programs in North Carolina
- Salon Management Programs in North Carolina