Maryland Beauty Schools by State
Completing your cosmetology training from a beauty school in Maryland will give you a jump start into a career in the beauty industry. BeautySchools.com is here to make your search for the perfect cosmetology program as easy as possible so that you feel confident in taking the next step to enrolling in a top school. Be sure to check and see if your cosmetology school program meets the following training requirements while comparing schools.
All Beauty Programs in Maryland
You must attend a school that is approved by your state to provide training in the discipline you want to practice. Check with the school and the state board to be sure that your program of study will prepare you for any applicable state licensure.
Ready to start your search for a beauty school?
Like the majority of states, Maryland requires that in addition to passing the national and state cosmetology exams, you must complete the required cosmetology classroom hours before being eligible to apply for you license from the Maryland Board of Cosmetologists.
- Cosmetology: 1500 training hours or 24 months apprenticeship.
- Apprentice Cosmetologist: Apprentices complete 24 months training by working at least 20 hours per week and submitting monthly training reports to the Licensing Board. Applicants must include proof of sponsorship from a Senior Cosmetologist with their application. Apprenticeships are limited to a one-year initial license and two one-year renewals.
- Senior Cosmetologist: Two years experience as a licensed cosmetologist, combined with passing the Cosmetologist Exam and the Senior Cosmetologist Exam.
- Esthetician: 600 hours classroom training or 12 month apprenticeship.
- Apprentice Esthetician: Complete application and include proof of sponsorship by a Senior Cosmetologist or an esthetician licensed for at least two years. Twelve months training completed by working at least 20 hours per week. Apprentices mail training reports to the Board monthly. This license is limited to the first one-year license and one one-year renewal license.
- Nail Technician: 250 hours education or 8 months apprenticeship
- Apprentice Nail Technician: Apprentice applicants submit an application accompanied by a sponsorship form from a licensed Senior Cosmetologist or a nail technician licensed for at least two years. Apprentice Nail Technicians complete eight months of training by working at least 20 hours per week and documenting training in monthly reports to the Board.
- Salon Owner: Submit an approved Use and Occupancy permit from the local zoning agency with the license application.
- Limited Practice Owner: Available for manicure or esthetician practices only. Applicants must submit an approved Use and Occupancy Permit with the application for licensing.
Find Cosmetology Schools in Maryland by Program
- Barbering Programs in Maryland
- Cosmetology Programs in Maryland
- Cosmetology Instructor Programs in Maryland
- Esthetics Programs in Maryland
- Electrolysis Programs in Maryland
- Fashion Design Programs in Maryland
- Hair Braiding Programs in Maryland
- Hair Styling Programs in Maryland
- Makeup Artist Programs in Maryland
- Massage Therapy Programs in Maryland
- Nail Technician Programs in Maryland
- Permanent Makeup Programs in Maryland
- Salon Management Programs in Maryland