Nail Technician Licensing in Utah
Utah Nail Technician License Requirements
No matter which beauty career you decide to pursue, you have to be ready to meet the license requirements of your state. Nationally, the beauty industry has joined together to hold beauty professionals to high standards.
In Utah, these standards are upheld by the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing. Before giving an applicant a nail technician license, Utah verifies their education, test scores, and criminal background.
As a result, the beauty industry enjoys a more favorable reputation, customers can rely on licensed technicians for their manicures, and nail technicians can easily demonstrate their skills.
Utah Nail Tech License Fees and Hours
• $87 examination fee
• Fees payable by credit card, money order, cashier’s check, or business check
• 300 hours of training or 675 hours of apprenticeship training
Education Requirements to Get a Nail Tech License in Utah
If you decide to earn a nail technician license the conventional way, you must complete 300 hours of training at a licensed school. If you go the apprenticeship route, you must cover the same skills, but hour amounts are significantly different.
Utah nail tech schools are required to thoroughly cover the topics listed below in their curricula.
Courses Required for a License for Nail Technician in Utah
• History of nail technology
• Client and salon safety
• Aseptic techniques and sanitary procedures
• Disinfection and sterilization methods
• Salon management
• Anatomy and physiology
• Diseases and disorders of the skin and nails
• Infection control
• Implements, tools, and equipment
• Science for nail technology
• Manicuring including hand and arm massage
• Chemistry for nail technology
• Artificial nail techniques, including wraps, nail tips, gel nails, sculptured nails, and acrylic nails
• Nail art
• Pedicuring including leg and foot massage
After learning about the theory of each topic, you should get right into hands-on practice. The more experience you get with nail techniques and tools, the more confident you may be working with clients independently.
Classes start throughout the year, so contact Utah schools today to get started.
How to Get a Nail Tech License Renewed in Utah
After you learn how to get a nail tech license in UT, you can move through the process in short order. Staying up-to-date on renewal requirements is important. Currently, Utah charges a $52 license renewal fee.
Renewal documents must be submitted by September 30 in every odd-numbered year. Utah does not currently require any continuing education for applicants.
Take advantage of career growth in the beauty industry. Find out what your options are by reaching out to Utah beauty schools today.
You may also be interested in these schools that offer Full Cosmetology Programs