Find Programs Near You
Texas Nail Technician License Requirements
You like to keep your nails looking beautiful, you always notice an on-point manicure when you meet someone new, and you have the largest collection of nail polish colors in Texas. What else are you waiting for? The field of nail technology is waiting for you.
To work as a manicurist or pedicurist in Texas, you need to meet the expectations of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. They aim to advance the beauty industry by holding beauty professionals to high standards.
Before you can get a license for nail technician, Texas expects you to complete a licensed training program, take two licensing exams, and pass a background check. More specific requirements can be found below.
Texas Nail License Fees and Hours
• $52 written testing fee
• $74 practical testing fee
• Fees payable by credit card, company check, cashier’s check, or money order
• 600 training hours
Education Requirements to Get a Nail Tech License in Texas
Education is the key to a competent, confident nail technician. Schools that have been approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation are legally required to follow the curricular outline below.
Courses Required for a Nail Tech License in TX
• 320 hours: Manicures, pedicures, oil manicures, stain removal, repair work, hand and arm massage, polish application, buffing, artificial nail application, cosmetic fingernails, nail extensions, sculptured nails, tips, wraps, and gels
• 100 hours: Bacteriology, sanitation, and safety
• 80 hours: Salon management and nail technology as a career
• 70 hours: Anatomy and physiology of the hand and arm
• 15 hours: Orientation, rules, and laws
• 15 hours: Equipment, implements, and supplies
In your 600 hours of training, you should get tons of practical experience. After you get lots of practice with mannequin hands, you may begin working with real clients and getting feedback from instructors.
Take the first step in a new beauty career now by contacting nail tech schools in Texas.
How to Get a Nail Tech License Renewed in Texas
With your nail technician license in TX, you can start your career and make an impression on your clients with your high-quality work. The renewal process is simple. Every two years, starting with your original licensure date, you must pay a $50 renewal fee.
During each renewal cycle, you must complete four hours of continuing education. One hour must cover sanitation and safety. The other three hours can relate to any nail technology topic.
If you’re ready to learn how to get a nail technician license, Texas schools are ready to help you out. Use the list of schools below to contact programs near you.