Find Programs Near You
Education Requirements for Cosmetologists in Wyoming
Are you naturally skilled in styling, coloring, and being creative? Cosmetology is a passion and a calling, not just a job choice. What could be better than spending every day in a career you love? When you earn a cosmetology license in Wyoming, you can use your skills in a wide variety of ways.
To become licensed in cosmetology, you must follow the guidelines and statutes of the Wyoming Board of Cosmetology. They set the training and licensing expectations that keep consumers safe. The most challenging part of earning a Wyoming cosmetology license is training. You must complete your education at an accredited beauty school to qualify for licensure.
Each accredited beauty school in Wyoming is required to follow these training topics and hours:
• Theory of hair and scalp: anatomy, structure, disease, analysis (165 hours)
• Hair technology: Shampoo, head massage, treatments, restructuring, hair coloring, haircutting, wigs (250 hours)
• Application of hair technology: Practical experience in topics listed above (500 hours)
• Nail theory (65 hours)
• Nail technology theory: Manicures, pedicures, acrylic nails, gel nails, and nail tips (65 hours)
• Nail technology application: Practical experience in topics listed above (200 hours)
• Skin theory (180 hours)
• Theory of skin technology: Facials, exfoliation, machines, hair removal, massage (200 hours)
• Application of skin technology: Practical experience in topics listed above (150 hours)
• Professional standards (50 hours)
• Wyoming law (10 hours)
Each program has 165 discretionary hours. Your instructors can use these however they see fit. You may attend expos, go to trade shows, interview for jobs, or work on skills that you find difficult.
Wyoming Cosmetology License Requirements
The Wyoming Board of Cosmetology has high expectations for you throughout the licensure process. Wyoming cosmetology exams are the next step after your training is finished.
Once you get close to finishing your education, you should review the following fees and procedures so you can be ready for the licensing process:
• $75 examination fee
• Fees paid by money order or cashier’s check
• $48 licensing fee
• 2000 hours of training
There are several reasons that cosmetologists are licensed in Wyoming and in every other state. Cosmetology professionals work with many tools that can cause injury or permanent damage if they are used incorrectly. Having a comprehensive licensing process means that all cosmetologists meet the exact same standards and study the exact same topics before working independently on clients. Over the years, this has helped the beauty industry develop more confidence with consumers.
Requirements for Renewing Your Cosmetology License in Wyoming
After you have learned how to get a cosmetology license in Wyoming and worked independently for some time, you are responsible for renewing your license on a set schedule. Beauty license requirements in Wyoming involve renewing your license every two years by the last day of your birth month. When you submit your application, you must also pay a fee of $96.
The Wyoming Board of Cosmetology does not require any continuing education, but you may find that it’s the best way to keep up with changes in this field.
You may also be interested in these schools that offer Full Cosmetology Programs